Transfer student checklist

We are excited you are considering Union College as a place to finish your degree! We want the transfer process to go as smoothly as possible. If you have questions at any point, please contact our enrollment office at 402.486.2504 or


Step 1: Get accepted to Union College

  • Apply for free online!
    • Interested in applying to our nursing program click here!
  • Send all previous college transcripts
    • Unofficial transcripts may be emailed to
    • Official transcripts will need to be sent as well - please request that they be sent to:
      Enrollment Services
      3800 S. 48th St.
      Lincoln, NE 68506

Step 2: get financially cleared

  • See which scholarships you would qualify for
  • Learn about our costs
  • See your monthly payment:
    • Submit the FAFSA and include Union College (code: 002563) as one of the schools to receive it
    • Complete the financial questionnaire by logging in to Portal, clicking on the My Financial Aid portion and choosing “Financial Questionnaire” from the menu.
    • You’ll be sent your monthly payment plan and be able to choose to accept, decline or revise the loans, grants and scholarships offered in your payment plan.
  • Make your confirmation deposit to start registering for classes.

Step 3: submit other important forms and documents

  • Student housing: Residence halls or off-campus housing
    • If you are considering off-campus housing please note that off-campus housing is only available to students who are either: married, at least 22 years old, or 21 years old and have enough college credits to be considered a senior.
    To sign-up for a room in one of our residence halls, please fill out this form.
  • Health history form
  • Submit proof of high school completion: Federal regulations require us to validate completion of secondary education. Please send us one of the following:
    • a copy of your final high school transcript with graduation date,
    • a copy of your high school diploma with graduation date,
    • verification of completion of GED.

Step 4: map out your graduation plan

  • Explore our academic bulletin and learn about the classes you need in order to graduate
  • Submit official transcripts from all previous institutions to Union (if you’ve already done this, great!)

Did you take an AP course or CLEP a class? Contact College Board directly to request these transcripts be sent to Union College.

Will my credits transfer? Click here to learn about transferring credits

Helpful contact info

Enrollment Services 

The people who help you get accepted.
402.486.2504 or

Student Financial Services 

The people who help you figure out how to pay for it all.
402.486.2505 or

Records Office

The people who know all the academic details and policies to help you graduate.
402.486.2529 or