Established in 1978, the Teaching Learning Center continues to support students in reaching their academic and life goals by providing accommodations, accessibility, and academic support.
We're dedicated to creating an accessible environment for students with disabilities and assisting students requesting academic support. The TLC strives for an accessible, inclusive environment, and fosters academic, spiritual and personal growth.
Reasons to visit the TLC
Any student at Union College can receive academic support from the TLC. Come to the TLC if you,
- have a diagnosed disability and would like to request accommodations
- would like to talk with someone about disabilities, what would qualify as a disability and accommodations
- want to improve your grades and/or test performance
- feel like you're a slow reader
- attend class regularly but you feel like you're missing important points
- have trouble completing tests in the allotted time
- don't feel comfortable talking in class
- spend hours studying but still not "getting it"
- feel like you don't have enough time to get everything done
- are not sure how to take notes
- are easily distracted in class and while studying
- want support reaching your academic and life goals