Professional Excellence Program—taking learning a step further
Get an extra edge in career prep
The Professional Excellence Program is carefully crafted so students can select from a variety of interdisciplinary courses in the general education curriculum that explore fine arts, ideas from great thinkers, and contemporary topics. Put simply, this program is about giving students a broader preparation and skills that will prepare them for professional excellence.
- Scholarship for international study tours.
- Wide range of choice for general education classes.
- No additional classes compared to the normal general education curriculum.
- Second semester freshmen may take 300 and 400 level classes.
- Closer connections with students from a variety of disciplines.
- Completion of the program will be noted on your official transcripts for future employers or graduate schools to see.
Gain a global perspective
International Study Tour ScholarshipsWe believe that gaining an international perspective is an important part of developing into a quality professional. That's why students in the Professional Excellence Program will receive a $2000 scholarship that can be used on global experiences sponsored by Union College, such as study tours, courses offered through Adventist Colleges Abroad, or international service and mission experiences approved by Union's Campus Ministries.
You have what it takes to be in the Professional Excellence Program.
Admission to program follows completion of a short admission form, available
to interested individuals. The essential requirements are
- A minimum GPA of 3.50 for both entering freshmen and college students.
To continue in the Professional Excellence Program, a student is expected to:
- Enroll in appropriate Professional Excellence courses..
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.