Physics—understand how nature works.
Physics is crucial to understanding the world around us, the world inside us, and the world beyond us. It is the most basic and fundamental science.
Physics challenges our imaginations with concepts like relativity and string theory, and it leads to great discoveries, like computers and lasers, that lead to technologies which change our lives—from healing joints, to curing cancer, to developing sustainable energy solutions (from the American Physical Society).
If you constantly look below the surface and wonder why things work they way they do, then a career in physics may be for you.
Why study physics?
- It is awesome to study how nature works!
- Develops excellent analytical skills that can be used for jobs over a wide range of fields from financial analyst to engineering.
- You'll prepared for graduate school in physics (which is necessary to for most jobs in physics).
Experience plenty of personal attention and time with high tech equipment.
At Union College, we understand the importance of experience. That's why we connect you with experienced accountants who can teach you valuable lessons—from professors, to local business leaders to mentors in internships.
Why study at Union College?
- Our experienced professors will challenge and stretch you, but they’ll be right beside you all along the way to provide the support you need to succeed.
- Partner with experienced professors who conduct important research.
- Experience a new building that emphasizes open learning and features the latest technology for teaching and research.
Study the ways in which various forms of matter and energy interact.
14% growth (faster than average)
Study the chemical and physical principles of living things and of biological processes, such as cell development, growth, heredity, and disease.
11% growth (faster than average)
Natural sciences manager
Supervise the work of scientists, including chemists, physicists, and biologists.
10% growth (faster than average)