Make images that make a difference.
Humans are visual creatures, and whether or not a picture is truly worth a thousand words, few people today will read even ten words unless a visual element first grabs their attention.
If you enjoy telling stories and influencing mass audiences using visual media, then a photo and video degree may be the perfect fit.
Why get an associates in Photo and Video Imaging?
- Add to your tool kit as a communicator by adding visual impact to communication, social media or graphic design study programs.
- Learn to capture, edit and distribute effective images and video for all types of audiences.
- Join a high-tech field with significant job growth—10 percent over the next ten years.
Union really prepared me for the workplace in a way most people don’t think about. The spirit of camaraderie between students of all majors and all professors meant I had friends in business, art, marketing and music. This put me ahead of my peers when I stepped into the business world because I understood how to interact with people who didn’t graduate with a computer science degree. Being able to work with other majors has helped propel me to where I am today.
2010 graduate and now a developer analyst in Bentonville, Ark.
Real experience starts long before graduation.
of students complete internships.
At Union College, we understand the importance of experience. That's why we connect you with experienced accountants who can teach you valuable lessons—from professors, to local business leaders to mentors in internships.
Why study at Union College?
- Learn from professors with experience as professional photographers.
- Couple your photo and video imaging classes with a graphic design, communication or web development degree and build a skill set attractive to any employer.
- Join Union's student-run creative agency and build your portfolio developing real projects for real clients.
- Interact with professional mentors who will share advice, critique your work and help you build your portfolio.
Bringing in speakers of past graduates was nice. I loved hearing about their experiences in the field. It was nice to hear from people who were just in my place less than 5 years ago. This industry changes a lot so hearing from someone knew with experience was good for us.
Freelance Photo | Video | Design.
Majors and minors
Your career options
Film and video editor
Manipulate moving images that entertain or inform an audience.
12% growth (faster than average)
Use their technical expertise, creativity, and composition skills to produce and preserve images that tell a story or record an event.
9% (faster than average)
Create animation and visual effects for television, movies, video games, and other forms of media.
5% growth (average)
Are you following Fine Arts on Instagram?
If not, you're missing out on all kinds of creative work from our awesome students.