Why earn a master's in leadership?
Do want to inspire, motivate, influence, and guide others towards the achievement of goals? Are you looking to develop the leadership skills that will allow you to make an impact in any organizational setting through principled Christian leadership? A Master of Science in Leadership degree is the perfect next step.
This degree doesn’t focus on accounting and finance, but on understanding human behavior, effective communication, leading complex systems, and creatively solving big problems. Specific leadership skills you will learn are how to lead organizational change, ethical reflection, building cultures of belonging, critical thinking and problem solving, communication, leading during times of crisis, and leadership development. You will have the opportunity to learn with other graduate students with diverse backgrounds and from different disciplines, each adding to the richness of the experience.
In the Leadership Program, you will:
- Learn who you are as a leader
- Learn to lead like Jesus
- Develop skills to lead effectively in any setting
- Acquire a strong theoretical base of knowledge
- Become an agent of change
Who should take the degree?
If any of these describe you, this degree program may be a great fit:
- College seniors looking to enhance their marketability to potential employers
- Individuals who want to complement their already well-established professional and academic skills
- Adults in a career who are considering a career change
- Individuals looking to increase their leadership capacity to meet the demands of a dynamic and complex world
A master’s degree is very important as you advance your career, especially if you want to move into leadership. This master’s in leadership provides a broad base of learning so regardless of your industry, I believe it's a benchmark you need to have if you're going to seek a leadership role.
Union College graduate and President and CEO of AdventHealth Zephyrhills and AdventHealth Dade City hospitals
Why study at Union College?
Union has a legacy of building effective leaders.
Union's leadership philosophy
- We teach all of our classes through a Christian world view.
- Our emphasis is on leadership (doing the right thing), rather than management (doing things right).
- We are committed to providing a robust academic experience coupled with real world practical application.
- We believe that more than skills, leadership flows from one’s identity. We facilitate the journey of self-discovery and self-awareness.
- We offer small class size with individualized attention.
A legacy of building leaders
Union College has a long history of building leaders who make a difference in their fields — health care, non-profit, IT and many more. In fact, more than 60 graduates currently serve as C-suite executives in hospitals and healthcare networks around the country.
For many years, Union’s Leadership Program has also offered certificates and minors that interface with any other degree and allow undergraduate students to gain valuable leadership coursework and experience before they graduate.
Get a master’s faster
The Union College Master of Science in Leadership is designed to be completed full time in one year — including a summer. Or you can choose the part-time options and take two years. Either way, you’ll be on your way to becoming a stronger leader.
The Master of Science in Leadership is designed to be on-campus with in-person classes, or you have the option of enrolling remotely through synchronous online classes.
The learning experiences from my master's degree incorporated not only how the world of healthcare worked, but also real-world applications on how to be a better leader. I learned I can be a leader through my actions even when not in a leadership position. But when I have the honor of being a leader, I learned how to elevate my team to success and create a work environment that is not only positive for my team, but that expands to the organization as a whole. A master's in leadership allows you to learn from the mistakes and successes of those who have gone before you and become the best leader possible.
Union College graduate and Marketing and Communications Manager at Jefferson Center for Mental Health