The mission of Larson Lifestyle Center is to provide a fitness and aquatic facility with courteous, dependable and knowledgeable assistance for the improved health of our patrons, all for the glory of God.
The plans and financing of the Larson Lifestyle Center were voted on in January 1977. Architect Larry Enersen of Clark & Enersen was hired in January and the finances were approved in February of that year.
A construction contractor was hired and construction began in May of 1978. Construction was projected to be completed September 1979. In the summer of 1981, the pool opened for student use as well as for community swimming lessons.
In May 1981, the Union College Health Complex became officially known as the Larson Lifestyle Center, named after a physician by the name of Dr. Ernest Larson, who gave generously for the completion of the complex.
Our Pro Shop is a great place to stock up on fitness items and equipment.
Our products include:
- bathing suits and trunks
- swim caps
- nose plugs
- ear plugs
- aqua shoes and sandals
- swim mitts and training fins
- weight lifting gloves
- tennis, badminton and racquetball racquets
Name brands carried are Speedo, Ocean, Dunlop, Cannon Sports Inc. and Ektelon products.
Party Hosting (Currently suspended due to COVID-19)
Want to host a party at the Larson Lifestyle Center? Call Christie Cain at 402.486.2525 or stop by Larson Lifestyle Center's front desk to make a reservation.
Open swim party
Our most popular open swim time is Sunday from 3:00–9:50 p.m.
Pool admission fee:
- $2.50 for ages 4–15
- $7.50 for ages 16 and older
- If the group has 15 or more people, we will give a $0.25 per person discount.
Private swim party
The pool may be rented for private swim parties for 1, 1½, or 2 hours.
Times available for private swim parties:
- Sundays between 12:00 and 3:00 p.m.
Pool rental rate:
- $65.00 per hour up to 25 people
- $80.00 per hour up to 50 people
- $95.00 per hour up to 75 people
- $110.00 per hour up to 100 people
- $125.00 per hour up to 125 people
The party room may be rented before or after an open swim or private swim party. It needs to be rented if the group wants to serve food or play games.
Room rental rates:
- $25.00 per hour up to 25 people
- $35.00 per hour if there are more than 25 people