Tech Guide

Student connectivity

We are pleased to provide you with services that keep you connected.

Computer connectivity — wireless

All of Union’s buildings are covered by the student wireless network named UC_Student. For access, log in to the Portal and click on Student Life then Wireless Key

Dorm computer connectivity — Ethernet

Most dorm rooms are supplied with two (blue and orange) wired Ethernet connections and a cable TV connection. Cable TV requires subscription from Spectrum. The two (blue and orange) connections are identical. You must use a standard Ethernet cable, which can be purchased at the Union College Campus Store.

Student printing

HP LaserJet printers are available in each dorm and other locations. Please see the printing guide below.

Computer repair

If you have a problem with your computer, there are local businesses that can help you. Information Systems does not repair student computers but you can ask us for suggestions.

Tampering fine

A $100 fine may be imposed for tampering with the computer, phone and cable TV connections in any way. DO NOT attempt to open/remove them from the wall for any reason. If you have questions, please contact Information Systems at 402.486.2511 or come to our office in Dick Building 503.


How to make calls


HP LaserJet printers are available in each dorm and other locations as shown below. If you want to print directly to a dorm printer from your personal computer, connect to the printer using the host name. If you need printer drivers, go to, click on Support then Software and Drivers. You may ePrint by attaching a file to an email and sending it to the email address for the printer. You may also print PDF files directly from a flash drive.


Host name

Email address for ePrint

Prescott Hall 206


Culver Hall 231


Rees Hall 258


Rees Hall 3rd lobby


Krueger Center lower level


Krueger Center main level


PA Building 212


​OTA Love South 248



The fax number in Information Systems is 402.486.2895

You may send and receive faxes in Information Systems during our normal operating hours.

Sending faxes

The charge to send a fax is $1.00 for our service plus $.25 per page. So for a two-page fax, the charge would be $1.50.

Receiving faxes

There is no charge to receive faxes. Please ask the sender to put your name and phone number on the document so that we may contact you.