Campus Health


We serve the mental and physical health care needs of Union's campus family, as well as collecting required information such as the personal health history, immunization records, and other registration forms. Campus Health serves and supports our campus with non-urgent health and counseling visits. For services we can not offer, we are happy to supply students with referrals in the community for urgent or ongoing therapy/treatment as needed.

The campus nurse provides assistance for minor injuries or illnesses such as colds, sore throats, rashes, intestinal flu, and sinus problems. Some immunizations are given. You can get assistance with arrangements for immunizations for foreign travel. 

Immunization Requirements


Campus Health is operating by appointment only due to COVID-19. 


Campus Health is located in Rees Hall, Room 119 (between the Lincoln Police Station and George Stone School).

Hours and contact information

Monday–Thursday: 9:30 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Trainer hours: Thursday 9:00–9:30 a.m
Holidays and breaks: Closed

Phone extension: 2554
Fax: 402.486.2564

Campus Health is only available by appointment due to COVID-19.

Union College Campus Health HIPAA policy.


For student insurance information, please visit

For questions regarding insurance purchased through the college with Wellfleet, call:
Main Number:  (413) 733-4540
Customer Service:  (877) 657-5030
Monday – Thursday, 8:30 am – 7:00 pm EST
Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm EST

Additional medical assistance

LIFE-THREATENING EMERGENCIES:  Dial 911, then call Campus Safety at (402) 486-2911

If you need to see a physician, here are a few options close to the college. They expect payment at the time of service unless you have your insurance card. Students with insurance through Wellfleet will be charged a $100 co-pay at the time of the visit if you walk in to Urgent Care, MedExpress, or any ER (Emergency Room).

CHI Health Quick Care at Williamsburg
6001 Village Dr.
(888) 333-7520
This is a walk-in clinic located in the Hy-Vee grocery store that can prescribe antibiotics and treat minor health problems quickly and will charge a $10 co-pay for students with insurance through Wellfleet. You must have your insurance card with you and then pay the $10 and then 20% of the charges incurred during the visit will be billed to you after insurance pays their portion.

MedExpress Urgent Care
3910 Village Drive (south of 40th and Old Cheney).
(402) 328-7029

Urgent Care Clinic of Lincoln, PC
4210 Pioneer Woods Drive, Suite A (close to 70th and Pioneers Blvd)
(402) 488-4321

BryanLGH East Emergency Room
1600 South 48th Street
Enter off 48th and Sumner Streets
(402) 481-1111

BryanLGH West Emergency Room
2300 South 16th Street
(402) 481-1111

For orthopedic injuries/emergencies, the doctors at Nebraska Orthopaedic work with CHI Health/Saint Elizabeth Hospital.

CHI Health St. Elizabeth Hospital
555 South 70th Street 
(402) 219-8000

Nebraska Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine, PC
575 S. 70th St. #200
(402) 488-3322


LIFE-THREATENING EMERGENCIES:  Dial 911, then call Campus Safety at (402) 486-2911

All full-time students taking 12 or more credit hours are covered by a supplemental accident policy provided by Union College. This supplemental accident insurance will pay up to $5,000.00 per injury for deductibles, co-pays, and out-of-pocket expenses not covered by the student’s primary health policy. Please visit for forms, guides and claims. 

Be sure to keep all original bills from medical providers—the insurance company wants to see the original itemized version.

1. Submit all bills to your primary insurance company;
2. Get an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from the primary company;
3. Submit the EOB with a claim form and any remaining bills to the address on the claim form.

Sports and orthopedic injuries

Jordan Bart, an athletic trainer from Nebraska Orthopaedic, will be in Campus Health on Thursday mornings from 9:00 a.m.–9:30 a.m. for evaluation and assistance with sports injuries when school is in session. No appointments are necessary and all visits take place in Campus Health.

Counseling services

The services of a licensed professional counselor, Lorie Escobar, are available. Click here to make an appointment.