Giving opportunities

To discuss your giving options, contact our office at 402.486.2503, or email

Dear friends of Union,

One of the most rewarding aspects of my work on behalf of Union College continues to be explaining to students the many ways their college experience is enhanced by the generosity of our alumni and friends. I enjoy helping students understand how the vision and care of others has helped create the academic, spiritual and social atmosphere they currently enjoy.

At Union, we understand a strategic vision for the future is vital for survival in today's competitive environment. Achieving that vision is possible if people choose to philanthropically partner with the college.

Union is blessed to have alumni and friends from around the world, who through their generous gifts, enable the college to realize progress which impacts both the present and the future.

I invite you to consider how you might personally impact the progress of Union College .  Whether you consider an endowed scholarship, an unrestricted gift to the Union College Fund or a future gift through planned giving, your gift does matter.

Thank you.

LuAnn Davis, CFRE
Vice President for Advancement

Cash gifts, whether through a personal check or credit card, is the most popular type of charitable gift Union College receives. You can make gifts using a credit card online or by using EZ Gift.

Checks or cash are also accepted in our office:
Union College Advancement
3800 S. 48th St.,
Lincoln, NE  68506 USA

Real estate

Residential, agricultural, commercial or investment real estate can be designated to benefit Union College as a current gift. If Union accepts the real estate transfer, the college will immediately sell the asset and the net sale proceeds will benefit the program(s) you designate.


Transferring securities—stocks, bonds or mutual funds—that have been held longterm to Union College allows you to receive a charitable deduction for the full, fair market value of the securities. Giving securities that have appreciated in value also allows you to avoid capital gains tax.

Life Insurance

You can donate a life insurance policy to Union College or simply name the college as the beneficiary. For the gift of a paid-up policy, you will receive an income tax deduction equal to the lesser of the cash value of the policy or the total premiums paid. To qualify for the federal charitable contribution deduction on a gift of an existing policy, you must name us as owner and beneficiary. To make a significant future gift at a relatively low cost, you may do so through a new life insurance policy.


You can contribute a non-cash gift of tangible property. Examples include office equipment and furnishings, supplies for medical mission trips, vehicles, teaching supplies and equipment, and musical instruments. The college reserves the right to accept or refuse a gift-in-kind. A letter will be provided for those gifts accepted; however, the donor will be responsible for determining the charitable value of the gift.

Matching Gifts

Many corporations or businesses match their employees' charitable gifts with a contribution of equal or greater value. A matching gift may be initiated by completing your company's matching gift form and sending it with your gift to Union College. Check with your human resources or personnel office to determine if your employer has a matching gift program and if your gift qualifies for a corporate match.

Deferred Planned Gifts

Planned giving is about choices. The optimal gift plan depends upon your charitable and personal objectives with consideration to available assets, income tax bracket, age, health, income needs, additional sources of income and financial obligations. Review your planned giving options.