1. Get accepted to Union College
Send academic records—Submit an official secondary school transcript, secondary school completion certificate, national exam certificate or college or university transcript—whichever applies. If the documents are not in English, obtain a certified translation. All transcripts from international universities must be sent to www.wes.org or aacrao.org for credit evaluation.
Submit English proficiency test scores (students whose first language is not English must score one of the following minimums):
- 5.5 on the International English Language Test System (IELTS)
- 60 on the TOEFL iBT (computer based)
- 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
(Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
2: Get an I-20 student visa
Note: Send these documents to email@example.com
Submit affidavit of support form (download the pdf)—Complete the affidavit of support to demonstrate your ability to cover costs of tuition, room, board, books and fees for your course of study.
Submit bank statements—submit a copy of your parents' or sponsors' bank statement to show proof of sufficient income to support you during your course of study.
Submit a copy of your passport photo page to ensure that we issue the I-20 with the correct information.
Pay international confirmation deposit—Union College requires a $5,000 deposit before issuing an I-20, of which $4,000 will be immediately applied to your student account. The remaining $1,000 is held as a deposit and applied to your student account upon completion of your program or withdrawal. The entire deposit will be refunded if you do not enroll. Funds may be paid online at www.ucollege.edu/pay (select "international confirmation deposit") or wired to Union College (you will receive instructions after you have applied and been accepted).
After you have been accepted ...
3. Get a student visa
When you receive your I-20, make an appointment with the U.S. Embassy in your home country to apply for a student visa. You must pay the SEVIS fee before making the appointment (www.ice.gov/sevis).
4. Set up your financial plan
Fill out the Financial Questionnaire. You'll need to log into to Union's student portal using your UC-ID. Click the piggy bank icon and then select Financial Aid Questionnaire from the menu.
Talk to a financial aid advisor. They will clear up any details, answer questions and finalize your financial plan.Finish your financial steps under the "To Do" tab on "My Financial Aid" on your Portal account (instructions emailed to you after acceptance).
6. Submit other required forms.
Start with the Residence Hall Housing form to reserve your room and help the deans select the best roommate for you. Click here to submit.
Fill out the health forms below—upload in Portal under the "Health documents" section or fax to 1.402.486.2564.
- Submit personal health history form—click here or use the PDF.
- Are you coming from outside of the United States? You'll need to complete and email the medical exam form (pdf).
- Upload your completed Tuberculosis Screen Questionnaire (pdf).
- Students can receive the test in the Campus Health office if one cannot be obtained prior to arrival. If skin test is positive, you will need to get an IGRA lab test completed called a Quantiferon or T-SPOT.
- If the lab result is positive, a chest x-ray is necessary to check for tuberculosis. One visit to an infectious disease specialist may be required.
- Immunization records
- Consider the additional recommended vaccines*:
- Tetanus (Tdap) to be within the past 10 years
- Polio series (3-4 shots)
- Varicella (chickenpox) vaccines (2 shots) or Varicella lab titer proving immunity.
- Hepatitis B series (3 shots) or lab titer proving immunity.
*If you are participating in the physician assistant, nursing or international rescue and relief program, or you will be traveling internationally on a Union-sponsored mission trip, you will be required to have these four vaccines.
- If younger than 19 years, a parent must sign the following:
If you have questions, please contact the Campus Health office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Making the trip to Lincoln.
2021 Spring traveling information
Making new friends, meeting teachers and joining a new community.
- New student move in January 7,8 and 10, 2021—Join us for the mandatory orientation to learn about the resources on campus to help you succeed on January 10 at 5:00 p.m. Learn more.
- Airport pick up—You can get free Lincoln or Omaha airport transportation for new students and their parents from January 5-11. Email email@example.com your itinerary and contact information at least seven days before arrival to ensure pick up from the airport.
- Bedding Packet—Why pack more than you need? For $75 charged to your student account, you can have an international packet waiting for you at Union. The packet includes a mattress cover, comforter, pillow, sheets, bath towel, hand towel, cloth/loofah, hangers (set of 20), laundry detergent, dryer sheets, a role of quarters for laundry, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, and conditioner. If you would like an international packet, email firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31.