Acceptance checklist

Congratulations on being accepted to Union College.

You can see the overview of steps below or check your individualized list of what's left to complete by logging into PortalWhen you were accepted, you received an email with the following information so you can log into Portal right away:

  • UC-ID
  • Password

If you can't find your email with Portal log in information, contact us at


1. ​Make your $100 confirmation deposit

Let us know you're coming! ( non-refundable deposit is applied directly onto your student account, so your first month's payment will be less.

By making your confirmation deposit, you also unlock the full resources of Portal, allowing you to complete the Registration Checklist and sign up for classes.


2. ​Set up your financial plan

Fill out the FAFSA (

  • The fastest way is the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA.
  • You'll use your tax and financial information from two year's prior (2016).
  • Union's school code is: 002563.

Complete the Union College online My Financial Aid questionnaire. When you've logged into Portal, click “My Financial Aid,” then “Menu,” then choose “Financial Questionnaire” to complete the questionnaire. If you have not gotten the Portal instructions after being accepted, double check that we have your correct email address (see contact us above).

Confirm details in My Financial Aid. Once your FAFSA and questionnaire have been received and processed, you will be notified of your awards, aid eligibility and payment plan by email. On the My Financial Aid portion in the Portal, click on “Accept/Decline Awards” to accept, decline or revise your financial awards.

Finish all other financial paperwork. Complete and sign any additional items listed under the "To Do" tab in My Financial Aid.

Make your first month's payment at (due Jan. 3 or Aug. 1). Your non-refundable confirmation deposit is applied to your first month's payment, so your first payment is conveniently less. 


3. Registration checklist

The "acceptance checklist" in your Portal is like the trailer to a movie. It lets you know the most important parts of the checklist, but it's not everything. To be fully enrolled, you need to complete the Registration Checklist on your Portal account (video tutorial).

You can complete 95% of your checklist online. There are a handful of things (like taking your official Union ID photo) that you do when arriving on campus. You must finish the Registration Checklist before new student orientation begins (Aug. 21).


4. ​Reserve classes and submit for advisor approval

You're able to register for classes starting March 26 for August 2019 enrollment

If you need to change your major or aren't sure who your advisor is, contact the Enrollment Office ( or 402.486.2504). Click here for information about math placement.


5. Complete your forms 

Primary forms

Immunization records—Scan and email your immunization records to You need proof of the following:

  • MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) two vaccines after the first birthday or an antibody lab titer proving immunity.
  • Meningococcal vaccines (PDF) (1 shot at 16 years or older) or a waiver form (PDF) signed if living in the residence hall (must be signed by parent if student is under 19 years old).
  • Internationally born students: a negative Tuberculosis (TB) skin test within the past year and a completed ​TB screening questionnaire (PDF).

Additional recommended vaccines—If you are participating in the physician assistant, nursing, occupational therapy assistant or international rescue and relief programs, or you will be traveling internationally on a Union-sponsored mission trip, you will be required to have these vaccines.

  • Tetanus (Tdap) to be within the past 10 years
  • Polio series (3-4 shots)
  • Varicella (chickenpox) vaccines (2 shots) or antibody lab titer proving immunity
  • Hepatitis B series (3 shots) or antibody lab titer proving immunity

Note: All PDF health forms should be uploaded through on Portal under the "Health Documents" section.


6. Request official transcript(s) (after high school graduation)

If you're a graduating high school student, you'll need your official transcripts with graduation date to be mailed to Union College after graduation or at the end of the semester.

If you are a transfer student, we'll need an unofficial high school transcript with graduation date or a copy of your diploma. Additionally you'll need to send official college transcripts from all colleges you attended.

Other important stuff

If you're an international student, be sure to check out the international checklist.

Want to know what to expect when you arrive on campus? Check out uConnect page.