Congratulations on being accepted to Union College.
You can see the overview of steps below or check your individualized list of what's left to complete by logging into Portal. When you were accepted, you received an email with the following information so you can log into Portal right away:
If you can't find your email with Portal log in information, contact us at email@example.com.
1. Make your $100 confirmation deposit
Let us know you're coming! (www.ucollege.edu/pay)This non-refundable deposit is applied directly onto your student account, so your first month's payment will be less.
By making your confirmation deposit, you also unlock the full resources of Portal, allowing you to complete the Registration Checklist and sign up for classes.
2. Set up your financial plan
Fill out the FAFSA (www.fafsa.gov)
- The fastest way is the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA.
- You'll use your tax and financial information from two year's prior (2016).
- Union's school code is: 002563.
Complete the Union College online My Financial Aid questionnaire. When you've logged into Portal, click “My Financial Aid,” then “Menu,” then choose “Financial Questionnaire” to complete the questionnaire. If you have not gotten the Portal instructions after being accepted, double check that we have your correct email address (see contact us above).
Confirm details in My Financial Aid. Once your FAFSA and questionnaire have been received and processed, you will be notified of your awards, aid eligibility and payment plan by email. On the My Financial Aid portion in the Portal, click on “Accept/Decline Awards” to accept, decline or revise your financial awards.
Finish all other financial paperwork. Complete and sign any additional items listed under the "To Do" tab in My Financial Aid.
Make your first month's payment at www.ucollege.edu/pay (due Jan. 3 or Aug. 1). Your non-refundable confirmation deposit is applied to your first month's payment, so your first payment is conveniently less.
3. Registration checklist
The "acceptance checklist" in your Portal is like the trailer to a movie. It lets you know the most important parts of the checklist, but it's not everything. To be fully enrolled, you need to complete the Registration Checklist on your Portal account (video tutorial).
You can complete 95% of your checklist online. There are a handful of things (like taking your official Union ID photo) that you do when arriving on campus. You must finish the Registration Checklist before new student orientation begins (Aug. 21).
4. Reserve classes and submit for advisor approval
You're able to register for classes starting:
- Now for January 2019 enrollment
- March 26 for August 2019 enrollment
4. Complete your forms
- Housing—reserve your spot in the residence hall. Log into Portal to fill out the form.
- Personal Health History Form—tell us about your background.
- Consent to Treat (PDF)—this is a parental form and only needed if student is younger than 19 years old.
Immunization records—Scan and email your immunization records to firstname.lastname@example.org. You need proof of the following:
- MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) two vaccines after the 1st birthday or a lab titer proving immunity.
- Meningococcal vaccines (PDF) (1 shot at 16 years or older) or a waiver form (PDF) signed if living in the residence hall (must be signed by parent if student is under 19 years old).
- Internationally born students: a negative Tuberculosis (TB) skin test within the past year and a completed TB screening questionnaire (PDF).
Additional recommended vaccines—If you are participating in the physician assistant, nursing or international rescue and relief program, or you will be traveling internationally on a Union-sponsored mission trip, you will be required to have these vaccines.
- Tetanus (Tdap) to be within the past 10 years
- Polio series (3-4 shots)
- Varicella (chickenpox) vaccines (2 shots) or Varicella lab titer proving immunity
- Hepatitis B series (3 shots)
6. Request official transcript(s) (after high school graduation)
If you're a graduating high school student, you'll need your official transcripts with graduation date to be mailed to Union College after graduation or at the end of the semester.
If you are a transfer student, we'll need an unofficial high school transcript with graduation date or a copy of your diploma. Additionally you'll need to send official college transcripts from all colleges you attended.