Union College has launched a Professional Workforce Development program that gives people the opportunity to advance their career and earn certificates in a variety of healthcare and IT jobs.
“We are excited to offer this new opportunity for workers who want to succeed in their career goals,” said Vinita Sauder, president of Union College. “These online certificate programs provide an easy and affordable way to get valuable credentials for high-demand jobs or professional growth that positions employees for advancement within their organizations.”
The new Professional Workforce Development Program meets the needs of today’s workforce by providing non-credit certificates that are ideal for individuals or organizations looking to train their employees in the following areas:
- Healthcare IT Technician – 24 weeks
- Data Science – 33 weeks
- Cyber Security – 33 weeks
- Software Developer – 33 weeks
- Pharmacy Technician – 25 weeks
- Medical Assistant – 28 weeks
- Behavior Technician Specialist – 12 weeks
- Behavior Technician and Medical Office – 18 weeks
- Sterile Processing Technician – 14 weeks
- Phlebotomy Technician – 12 weeks
- Healthcare Administration – 25 weeks
- Health Unit Coordinator- 18 weeks
- EKG Technician – 12 weeks
- Physical Therapy Aid – 18 weeks
- Patient Care Technician – 24 weeks
- Dental Assistant – 14 weeks
- Project Management – 9 weeks
These online courses offer significant flexibility, making Union’s program a good option for someone who is already working full-time and looking for additional professional development or certification.
Union partners with organizations looking to build their greatest asset — their workforce. “We believe that today’s workers want to grow and build their skills,” said Sauder. “When employers offer education to their employees, it demonstrates how much they value their people. Education also helps companies retain employees and equip them to be more productive.”
Professional Workforce Development courses are developed and taught by industry experts and prepare employees for industry-recognized certifications. Union also offers volume discounts for organizations that want to offer training to employees.
To learn more, visit workforce.ucollege.edu.