Union College created the Center for Interfaith Studies and Culture (CISC) with the following mission, goals and objectives:
To build understanding between Christians and people of other faiths through learning, dialogue and service.
- Educate Union College and its constituents to serve people of different faiths in an ethical and informed manner.
- Foster goodwill between Union College and local faith communities
- Recruit students of other faiths locally and internationally to attend Union
- Enhance a positive atmosphere on campus for students of other faiths
- Develop seminars, continuing education and training materials for presentation in the community and churches on topics of interfaith relations
- Facilitate experiences for Union College students with people of other faiths and culture
- Assist in recruiting students of other faiths to attend Union College
- Coordinate events and clubs for students of other faiths who attend Union College
- Develop a curriculum leading to a minor in Islamic Studies
Upcoming CISC Events
April 20, 2013 - 4:00 p.m.
"An Introduction to the Quran" by Doug Hardt, M.Div.
Ortner Center, Shawnee Porter Room, Union College Campus
Sep. 6, 2013
Interfaith Dialogue Conference of Nebraska