Biography of Kenneth Osborn
The current courses that I teach at Union include (or have included in the past):
- CHEM 101: Introduction to Inorganic Chemistry
- CHEM 104: Introduction to General, Organic and Biochemistry for Nursing
- CHEM 296: Research Methods I
- CHEM 311: Analytical Chemistry
- CHEM 312: Instrumental Analysis
- CHEM 412: Physical Chemistry-Thermodynamics
- HONS 345: The Global Environment
- MATH 221: Statistics
B.S. in chemistry (with minors in mathematics and physics) from Missouri Western State University, 1996.
Ph.D. in biophysical chemistry from the University of Kansas, 2004.
I have a long history of involvement with Habitat for Humanity (including serving as the president of my local affiliate from 2009-10) and serve many roles at my church as one of the many who work quietly behind the scenes to make sure that everything gets done.
Tenured instructor of chemistry at Fort Scott Community College, 2004-2011.
Chair of the Mo-Kan-Ok Local Section of the American Chemical Society, 2010.
- Carey K. Johnson, Mangala R. Liyanage, Kenneth D. Osborn, and Asma Zaidi. Single-Protein Dynamics and the Regulation of the Plasma-Membrane Ca2+ Pump. In Cell Signaling Reactions: Single-Molecular Kinetic Analysis, 1st ed., Y. Sako, & M. Ueda, Eds., Springer: New York, 2010, 121-152.
- Kenneth D. Osborn, Asma Zaidi, Ramona J. Beiber Urbauer, and Carey K. Johnson. Single-Molecule Characterization of the Dynamics of Calmodulin Bound to Oxidatively Modified Plasma-Membrane Ca2+-ATPase. Biochemistry. 2005, 44(33) 11074-11081.
- Kenneth D. Osborn, Michael W. Allen, Brian D. Slaughter, and Carey K. Johnson. Single-molecule fluorescence spectroscopy: new probes of protein function and dynamics. Physiology. 2005, 20 (February), 10-14.
- Kenneth D. Osborn, Ryan K. Bartlett, Abhijit Mandal, Asma Zaidi, Ramona J. Bieber Urbauer, Jeffrey L. Urbauer, Nadya Galeva, Todd D. Williams, and Carey K. Johnson. Single-Molecule Dynamics Reveal an Altered Conformation for the Autoinhibitory Domain of Plasma-Membrane Ca2+-ATPase Bound to Oxidatively Modified Calmodulin. Biochemistry. 2004, 43(40), 12937-12944.
- Kenneth D. Osborn, Asma Zaidi, Abhijit Mandal, Ramona J. Beiber Urbauer, and Carey K. Johnson. Single-Molecule Dynamics of the Calcium-Dependent Interaction of Plasma-Membrane Ca2+-ATPase by Calmodulin. Biophys. J. 2004, 87,1892-1899.
- Kenneth D. Osborn, Manoj K. Singh, Ramona J. Beiber Urbauer, and Carey K. Johnson. Maximum Likelihood Approach to Single-Molecule Polarization Modulation Analysis. ChemPhysChem. 2003, 4, 1005-1011.
The Paul and Helen Gilles Award in Physical Chemistry, 2003
Iowa State University Miller Fellowship, 1996
I have a passion for photography and love to capture the beauty of Creation whether in the form of a scenic vista or those precious moments that we are gifted with in our journey through life.