Please read our Interlibrary Loan Policy before making Interlibrary Loan requests.
To request a book:
1. Search WorldCat (OCLC FirstSearch) and find a record for the desired book.
2. Verify that Union College does not own the book (there may be several records for the same book, be sure to check all of them).
3. Click the ILL icon at the top of the screen.
4. Fill out the electronic form as completely as possible, selecting the appropriate division and status.
5. Click Submit.
6. You will be notified when the book arrives (usually 7-10 days). Please pick it up promptly and return it on time. It is important for Union College to maintain healthy relationships with lending institutions.
To request an article:
1. Find the article citation (record) in an article index.
2. Verify that Union College does not have access to the article:
- Some article indexes provide full text access to some or all articles indexed.
- Online access is also available to Union College faculty and students from many databases and publishers' websites. See our list of Periodicals A to Z for a complete list of print and electronic periodical titles.
- Most print periodical titles are included in the Library Catalog.
The first three options must be exhausted before making an ILL request.
3. If you are using an OCLC FirstSearch index, click the "ILL" icon at the top of the screen. If you are using an EBSCOhost index, click "Request an Interlibrary Loan". Fill out the electronic from as completely as possible, selecting the appropriate division and status. Click Submit.
4. If you are using any other system of indexes, bring your citation to the Circulation/Reference Desk and fill out a paper request form.
5. You will be notified when the article arrives (usually 7-10 days).